So you clicked on the New and Returning Player (NARP) and have been flooded with information. All you really want to do is get your hands dirty and kill someone with a lightsaber. This is your lucky day! There are two online options, neither of which require you to purchase any cards.
If you have been away for the game for significant amount of time and don’t remember all of the basic rules then a web-based, rules enforced Star Wars CCG server called “GEMP-Swccg” is your best option. Forum user tbiesty created this server and continues to add cards. This is the quickest, easiest way for a returning player to find a quick game.
1) Go to http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp-swccg/
2) Register for the site
3) Log In
4) Upon Logging in you should receive the following two decks:
5) Demo Dark Side Deck:
a.Locations: Hoth: 5th Marker (starting), Hoth 3rd Marker, Hoth 6th Marker, Hoth Cave x2, Tatooine: Mos Eisley, Raltiir, Hoth, Corulag, Kessel, Kashyyk
b.Weapons: Vader’s Lightsaber x2
c.Starships: Conquest, Devastator, Dreadnaught, Stalker, Tyrant, Victory Class Star Destroyer
d. Vehicles: Blizzard 1, Blizzard 2
e. Characters: Admiral Ozzel, Admiral Motti, DS-61-2, DS-61-3, DS-61-4, Darth Vader x4, Djas Puhr, Dr. Evazan, Garindan, General Veers, Grand Moff Tarkin x2, Labria, Lt. Cabbel, Officer Evax x2
f. Interrupts: Alter x4, Sense x5, Oo ta Goo Ta Solo?, Trample, Sniper x2, Evader x3, I Have You Now x2, Elis Helrot, Gravity Shadow.
6) Demo Light Side Deck:
a. Locations: Tatooine: Obi Wan’s Hut (starting), Hoth: Echo War Room, Hoth: Echo Corridor, Hoth: Med Lab, Hoth: Echo Docking Bay, Yavin 4: Briefing Room, Yavin 4: Ruins, Yavin 4: War Room, Yavin 4: Throne Room
b. Weapons: Anakin’s Lightsber x2, Obi-Wan’s Lightsaber x2
c. Starship: Millenium Falcon, Tantive IV
d. Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi x3, Luke Skywalker x3, R2-D2 x2, Wedge Antilles x2, Han Solo, Leia Organa, Chewbacca, Bantha Droid, Figrin Da’n, Leesub Sirlin, Kal’Falnl C’ndros, Biggs, Hobbie, Jerron Webb
e. Effects: Lightsaber Proficiency, Sai’torr Kal Fas
f. Interrrupts: Sense x8, Grimtaash x2, How did we get into this mess x3, Sorry about the Mess x2, Don’t Get Cocky, Skywalkers, Gift of the Mentor x2, Rug Hug, Out of Nowhere, Nabrun Leids, The Force is Strong With This One
7) In the middle of the screen there should be two drop down menus. On the first Dropdown Menu, Select ‘Open’
8) In the second dropdown Select ‘Sample Dark Deck’ to play your Dark side deck or ‘Sample Light Deck’ to play your Light Side deck.
9) Once a table is created you wait for someone to join your table and play the game.
10) If you don’t care which side you play, you can check the ‘Waiting Tables’ to see if there is a game to join. Simply click ‘Join Table’
11) There is a chat function at the bottom of the screen if you need to ask questions.
12) Congratulations, you are now playing Star Wars CCG! Good luck and May the Force Be With You!
Once you have played a few games you can build your own decks or participate in the multiple ‘sealed’ leagues that are offered.